Here’s the thing; I ask hundreds of people a week;
“What’s your number one problem in business?”
Here’s the conversation 70% of the time:
Struggling Business Owner: I need more leads.
Me: Really? Why don’t you have enough leads?
Struggling Business Owner: I don’t understand marketing.
Me: Okay. So how much do you spend?
Struggling Business Owner: Nothing. I tried running some ads once. Didn’t work; I got ripped off.
Me: Why didn’t it work?
SBO: I don’t know. We didn’t get any sales.
Me: Okay. How much is a sale worth to you? How much can you spend on a lead?
SBO: No idea.
Me: Okay … so if 10 people sat in front of you for a sales pitch, how many do you think would buy?
Me: Okay. And what’s your average profit per sale?
SBO: [some number] (usually around $1000—I talk to loads of consultants)
Me: Okay, great! So if you make 10 calls, and you sell 5, that means you make $5000. This means each call is worth $500. Does that make sense?
Me: And how much did you spend on advertising?
SBO: Around $400.
Me: Okay, I can see why that didn’t work. Can I lay out a plan for you?
Here’s the thing; leads are only a small part of sale. However, so many are only measuring leads and sales—they’ve completely forgotten about the rest. Here are the 5 Metrics you need to measure:
- ATTENTION — the cost to get someone to see your content and click on your FREE Offer
- LEADS — cost to get someone to actually download your FREE Offer
- ATTENDANCE — cost to get someone to see your SALES Offer
- SALE — cost of first sale
- LIFE TIME VALUE — profit generated per sale
Given that, here’s what we need to create for you:
1. Super-Clear Niche
2. Media/Content Strategy that really pulls people in
3. Free Giveaway that is Irresistible, High-Value and leaves them wanting more
4. Landing Page, Video, and Ad Copy that compels them to download
5. No-Brainer Offer that Converts them to a paid customer
6. Sales Mechanism including Nurture Campaigns, Retargeting, and Webinars
7. Customer Satisfaction Process that ensures happy clients
Once you have all seven of these and you’re tracking the 5 Metrics, trust me on this; you will win every time.
Point is, no one has a Leads Problem. You have a Marketing Strategy Problem.
It’s pretty simple to explain but really difficult to execute. If you want to dive into this deeper and need help building out a viable marketing plan, message me to grab a FREE copy of my book today.